Front cover product


The first thing which I am happy with is the understatement of the title. I want the magazine to be presented as respected and knowledgeable as opposed to seeming brash and overpopulated with messages. I have instead of making the coverlines bright and colourful instead opted for changes in font and size of font to relay importance and highlight keywords to draw attention towards them. I think that in many cases magazines can be trying too hard to draw attention and nowadays a perfect way to stand out is to be understated in presentation and so presenting it as such also goes with my views as what the magazine should be like. I have used an image taken of one of my friends with a canon eos R5 at Wrexham Golf Club. I think it is a sophisticated image that encapsulates what my view of this magazine is. I have also made sure to include a barcode with price on it and the issue number along with date. I used photoshop to do the entirety of the cover with the texts coverlines and despite not editing the image in any way I feel I did manipulate coverlines to keep the subtlety of the image. I added in the bottom right an incentive to the reader in the form of a competition to make the reader drawn to the magazine. The addition of colour is one I was skeptical of but in this case I feel necessary to notice the difference between subtle and bland and I think I have done my best to do that. I added extra coverlines to fill out the page and a strapline to fill the gap too that relates to my magazine, but despite the page being full I do not think its overcrowded and still think it draws the line well at presenting itself differently while still having all the conventions of a normal magazine of this category.

Comments

Popular Posts