Critical Question 2

 

How did my product interact with my target audience?

 My target audience for this magazine was Males around 18 to 40 range just starting to get into Golf without too much knowledge of what they were doing or people who have recently been invested into the sport and want to know more so it is a way of growing the game and ensuring people stay involved with the sport. I try to make it appealing to them by ensuring it has information in equipment, travel and the world of golf to make the sport more accessible to those new to it as it is notoriously difficult to get into with expenses and know how at a premium. 

Applying Stuart Halls audience theory my magazine would have articles that each different type of reader could interpret differently such as my double page spread being about second-hand golf clubs. Whereas someone slightly more experience could see that as a way to pick up a cheap new driver or putter. Someone new to the game may see that as a way to get into the sport and get a set of clubs to go out and play.

In Bulmer and Katz audience theory my magazine very much leans in the direction of information and education as it is a gateway for the less experienced to learn about the game of golf and ultimately get more into the sport and grow the game for the better. I wanted to do this to help make my magazine friendly to the reader I was trying to attract. Those getting into the game will not have the technical know how that is important when looking at what equipment you need in golf so making my magazine a help for that was key for my audience interaction.

Whereas golf can often be a very exclusive sport my aim was to make it as a way to be more accessible to those wanting to get into it through sharing knowledge. Considering my target audience will be aged from mid 20s to early 40s I will make sure my magazine would be available through the internet as many would likely not buy magazines often. 

I would also have it as a month-by-month issue so it would be available as monthly subscription or buy in person issue by issue. it would be UK based as much of the information comes from the UK market however if there would be demand would potentially stretch to the United States. I would also do special issues for the majors like the masters and us open as they happen in a 4 month stretch. This would be key as these are the times where golf is at its most popular season when it is warm so people are playing and tournaments are on so people are watching and interested. It is important for my audience interaction that my magazine is available when the demand for readers is at its highest.

Comments

Popular Posts